Procreate is a fantastic app for sketching, painting, and illustrating to use on an iPad. It is specifically designed for handheld devices. The application includes an art toolbox to create amazing sketches, inspiring rich paintings, and stunning illustrations. It has a groundbreaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer systems, and is powered by Valkyrie, which has an enhanced 64-bit painting engine for iPad. Users can work comfortably from home, on the train, at the beach, or from anywhere. Let’s walk through the features and how to download Procreate for iPad.
As it has advanced smudge tools, users can perfectly blend the colors using any brushes from the library. The Procreate app was created with incredibly high-resolution canvases so that users could create artwork as large as possible. Hence, it is referred to as the most advanced painting app for a mobile device ever created. Procreate is designed to work in tandem with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, and combines the feel of real-world drawing with the power of digital art.
Application Name: Procreate
Developer: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
File size: 598.4 MB
Compatibility: Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later
Features of Procreate
The salient features of Procreate are listed as follows,
- It was ideal for the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- The iPad Pro 12.9″ has a massive Ultra High Definition canvas that supports up to 16k by 4k
- The application is powered by Valkyrie with the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- It has stunning 64-bit colors and deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- The multithreading option has been optimized for the iPad’s multiple cores
- There are 250 levels of undo and redo
- Never lose work again thanks to the continuous auto-saving feature
- The user can attach a keyboard to use shortcuts for more enhanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for quick interaction with the interface
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- The Game-changing dual-textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
- Layer your artwork which has precise control over individual elements
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 25 layer blend modes for professional compositing
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColourDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that will not harm your linework
- The application uses RGB or hex values for exact color matching
Cinema Quality Finishing:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolour
- Procreate’s time-lapse replay allows you to relive your creative journey.
- Watch your process live using your preferred streaming service.
- Everything is recorded in real-time and shared with any connected service.
Sharing and Workflow:
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo, and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, or web-ready JPEG
What’s New in Procreate for iPad Version 5.2.9
- Compatibility update for upcoming features.
- When you hold the Transform icon, you can now pinch outside of your selection to resize it and pinch inside the selection to resize the Canvas.
- Keyboard shortcuts can now be used in Edit Text mode.
- Increased the maximum import size for HEVC and MP4 files.
- Large Canvases will no longer lag after performing undos.
- While using iOS’ Larger Text accessibility setting, hexadecimal input will display correctly.
- Canvases will no longer corrupt within Stacks when attempting to Delete after Duplication or adding a new Canvas to the Stack.
- Hovering over the layer rather than tapping will now correctly select it in Layer Select.
- When importing an image via the Photo button in the Gallery, the image dimensions are no longer reduced.
- SwatchDrop and Copy Layer notifications have been corrected.
- After moving or rearranging a Group of Layers within itself in the Layer Menu, Procreate will not crash.
- On 12.9″ devices, larger text no longer causes the Paint and Transform icons to overlap.
- When exporting as a PNG with Page Assist enabled, the background color is now preserved.
How to Download Procreate On iPad
The Procreate app is natively available on the App Store for free, so the installation is pretty easy.
Quick Guide: Click here to download Procreate App for iPad.
1. Launch the App Store on your iPad.
2. On the search bar, enter Procreate and search for it.
3. Choose the Procreate app from the suggestions list.
4. In the description window, tap Get to download and install the app.
5. After the installation, click Open to launch Procreate.
Begin drawing your favorite artwork with advanced features.
Screenshots of Procreate on iPad
Frequently Asked Questions
Procreate is available in the App Store, but you have a pay a price to download it on your iPad.
No. Procreate doesn’t come with an iPad for free. You can pay and use it.